20 MIT License
Read the article at http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology has their own version of an “as-is” software license. This license grants permission to the user free of charge to use and reuse their material/software in any way they see fit.
- Permits reuse within proprietary software as long as copies of the licensed software include a copy of the MIT license terms and copyright notice.
- Proprietary software stays proprietary.
- Explicitly states the rights of the user.
- Why would a person choose the MIT license over BSD or GPL?
- How does the MIT License differentiate itself from BSD and GPL?
Free Software Foundation (2014) https://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
Berkeley Software Distribution (2014) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_licenses